The Modern Language Teachers’ Association of Western Australia Inc (MLTAWA) will be holding our State Conference on July 29-30, 2022 at the Joondalup Resort in Perth, Western Australia.
The conference theme Shifting Paradigms in Languages Education is an open invitation for educators to explore current issues related to matters of equity, plurilingualism and shifting monolingual practices in Education through effective and innovative languages programs.
The conference will have a focus on the development, implementation and delivery of impactful programs to enhance students’ overall standards of education, critical thinking skills, intercultural perspectives and their ability to function effectively as global citizens in the modern world from a sustainable, dynamic and efficient perspective.
With a shared understanding of the key role Languages play in our students’ education, we would like to make one of the Conference goals to provide Language Teachers with critical tools to support a shift in existing paradigms that view languages as an expendable learning area in Education.
Early bird tickets are now open until 20th June 2022!
Click here to register for the Conference.
The Program includes:
– Opening Keynote Speaker – Michelle Kohler, President of the Applied Linguistic Association of Australia. To read more about Michelle Kohler CLICK HERE
– The Nick Norris Memorial Lecturer with guest speaker Prof. Susan Ledger
– AFMLTA Presentation of the National Languages Plan & Strategy, presented by Andrew Scrimgeour and Nathan Harvey, for more information about this project CLICK HERE
– The very popular Conference High Tea which will include a Panel Discussion, Prof. John Kinder as our guest speaker, and the prestigious ceremony for the Principal’s Award
– Single Language Association Symposiums
and much more!
The complete draft program will be released in early July.
*COVID & Refunds
If you are unable to attend the conference due to isolation requirements, a full refund will be provided on submission of evidence