The AFMLTA is excited to launch the 23rd AFMLTA International Languages Conference.
This event will see international and local speakers present on topics relevant to teachers of languages at all levels.
23rd AFMLTA International Languages Conference
Date: 5 – 6 July, 10am – 4.30pm AEDT to be held online via zoom
- Janice Aubry – Former President of the Canadian Association of Second Language Teachers, Director of the Institute for Innovation in Second Language Education and the Director of Curriculum at Edmonton Public Schools, Canada
- David de Carvalho – Chief Executive Officer, ACARA
- Professor Ken Cruickshank – University of Sydney – (Keith Horwood Memorial Lecture)
- Professor Anne-Marie Morgan – James Cook University
- Professor Martin Westwell – Chief Executive, SACE Board
Call for papers
Teachers, researchers and academics are invited to submit an abstract for a 30 minute presentation (including question time) related to one of the conference themes. Proposals for presentations that are related to theory, research and practice in the area of Languages teaching and learning are welcome. Languages include all languages other than English learned as a second or additional language, or as a heritage language, in schools or in community language settings.
The Conference themes include:
- Leadership in languages education
- Languages in preschool and the early years of schooling
- Intensive languages education (including CLIL, Bilingual education)
- Teaching and learning of Indigenous Languages
- Teacher education for language education
- Responding to diversity in the classroom
- Heritage/background/community language education
- Programming, planning and assessing language learning
- Application of digital/mobile technologies in languages education
- Virtual/online learning
- Innovation in teaching and learning languages
Please note, to submit a presentation proposal, you will be asked to set up an account.
- Submit your name, contact and bio details in the Author section.
- Submit your session title and abstract (max 300 words).
- You do not need to upload your paper
Closing date for submissions: Friday 30 April, 2021
All proposals will be reviewed and you will be advised of the outcome by 31 May, 2021.
All presenters will be able to register for the conference at the Early Bird Rate.
The draft conference program will be available here soon.
Please contact us if you would like to be a sponsor of our 23rd AFMLTA International Language Conference.